On Sept. 5, 2013, I was leaving my home to go to the store. I heard my neighbor begging and pleading in loud voice, as I couldn't see what was happening, I walked across my yard in case he needed help. This is when I saw him knocking on the drivers side window of an A&E Repair Services vehicle, begging the driver to stop. I approached the rolled up drivers window myself and attempted to speak to the driver to find out why my neighbor was so upset, he refused to talk to me which only made my neighbor more upset. This whole time he was on his cell phone. This detail will be important later.
At this time, I took my neighbor by the arm and we stepped behind the van so I could attempt to calm him down. The next thing I know the van is in reverse and in order to avoid being run over, I had to jump to the side. I ran up to the drivers window and told him I was calling the police and headed back across the yard to my home to retrieve my cordless phone. My neighbor at the same time went to his home to get his cordless phone. The driver of the van could have left during this time, but apparently he elected to wait for the police. At no time did we physically block him in, he stayed of his own free will.
After I called the police, I went to the end of the driveway to wait for them as they were responding to my address and this happened the next driveway up. My neighbor was standing in his driveway above the van and I was standing in the road. Approximately 3 minutes before the police arrived, my neighbors wife arrived home and pulled into the driveway, her access to their home blocked by the van, she had a child in the vehicle which required a diaper change, so her vehicle was left between the van and the street while she took care of the child. This was the only time his van was blocked however he has already chosen to remain and wait for the police.
A county Sheriff arrived and I spoke with him, telling him how the van driver almost struck me. Once I gave my side, my neighbor explained to him his side of the story which the officer then followed up by getting the repair drivers story. The van driver lied and told the police we had blocked him in and were holding him captive even though he had elected to stay and was only blocked in because he himself was blocking access to the home. After further conversation, the police officer requested that the repairman put in for another repairman to show up and complete the repair order.
The officer stood there while this repairman supposedly put this order in place. The repairman also lied to the officer and said he didn't have cell service as the officer wanted him to call his supervisor at the same time to expidite the resolution. I was informed I could swear out a warrant with the local Magistrate for attempted vehicular assault. I was still so shook up and upset I completely forgot to request the drivers information for this followup.
After the officer left, we then called A&E in order to try and find out what needed to be done in order to get a repairman there. No success. Once I returned home, I then looked up Sears Corporate number and spent close to an hour dealing with them, actually the lady was very nice until she spoke with A&E and was told the repairmans tale of lies. This repairman had once before serviced the machine, didn't do his job properly and it was specifically requested he NOT be sent again, yet he was. I was told that my neighbors service contract was being cancelled and a refund issued.
No one I have contacted could, or would, give me the repairmans name so that I could follow up with filing charges. I would not recommend using Sears or A&E for your equipment needs if this is how their employees act.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Unprofessional Behavior
- Review category
- Household Services
- Review rating
- 2 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "Having pool tiles removed and new ones placed plus acid wash today and tomorrow at a cost of over $5000. I have MANY pictures where the original tiles never made..."
- "My open letter to the CEO. How long are you going to ignore this? I sent you a certified letter, which has gone ignored. My family can't afford to lose..."
- "My wife and I got 3 Windows, and a sliding door installed in July. To this date of Novemner 21st we have had feldco out 5 times now. They..."
- "Got lunch from McDonalds #10608 handed me a bag with hot fudge all over the boy to of the bag. Manager looked at me like I'm ***!! Someone needs to..."
- "They don't want to cancel my contract even though the service sucks they are in cahoots with scam trio alarm who prey on older seniors and scare them about their..."
- "I have never shopped at an Ulta before because the closest one is almost 2 hours away. I was running out of my makeup quickly, so, in desperation, I decided..."
- "Earlier this year I ordered their 3-in-1 Design Nationality Pattern Protective Hard Case for iPod touch 6 Assorted Color in PINK (very important to know) When I received it, they..."
- "I send the package ahead of time so that when I arrived in my hometown I am expecting that my package is there already waiting for me. Due to unknown..."
- "I am so dissappointed at my treatment. They sell a Groupon for 59$ that I wanted to buy. The first thing she tells you when you call is that you..."