AE Factory Service - Employee attempted to run me over with van.
On Sept. 5, 2013, I was leaving my home to go to the store. I heard my neighbor begging and pleading in loud voice, as I couldn't see what was happening, I walked across my yard in case he needed help. This is when I saw him knocking on the drivers side window of an A&E Repair Services vehicle, begging the driver to stop. I approached the rolled up drivers window myself and attempted to speak to the driver to find out why my neighbor was so upset, he refused to talk to me which only made my neighbor more upset. This whole time he was on his cell phone. This detail will be important later.
At this time, I took my neighbor by the arm and we stepped behind the van so I could attempt to calm him down. The next thing I know the van is in reverse and in order to avoid being run over, I had to jump to the side. I ran up to the drivers window and told him I was calling the police and headed back across the yard to my home to retrieve my cordless phone. My neighbor at the same time went to his home to get his cordless phone. The driver of the van could have left during this time, but apparently he elected to wait for the police. At no time did we physically block him in, he stayed of his own free will.
After I called the police, I went to the end of the driveway to wait for them as they were responding to my address and this happened the next driveway up. My neighbor was standing in his driveway above the van and I was standing in the road. Approximately 3 minutes before the police arrived, my neighbors wife arrived home and pulled into the driveway, her access to their home blocked by the van, she had a child in the vehicle which required a diaper change, so her vehicle was left between the van and the street while she took care of the child. This was the only time his van was blocked however he has already chosen to remain and wait for the police.
A county Sheriff arrived and I spoke with him, telling him how the van driver almost struck me. Once I gave my side, my neighbor explained to him his side of the story which the officer then followed up by getting the repair drivers story. The van driver lied and told the police we had blocked him in and were holding him captive even though he had elected to stay and was only blocked in because he himself was blocking access to the home. After further conversation, the police officer requested that the repairman put in for another repairman to show up and complete the repair order.
The officer stood there while this repairman supposedly put this order in place. The repairman also lied to the officer and said he didn't have cell service as the officer wanted him to call his supervisor at the same time to expidite the resolution. I was informed I could swear out a warrant with the local Magistrate for attempted vehicular assault. I was still so shook up and upset I completely forgot to request the drivers information for this followup.
After the officer left, we then called A&E in order to try and find out what needed to be done in order to get a repairman there. No success. Once I returned home, I then looked up Sears Corporate number and spent close to an hour dealing with them, actually the lady was very nice until she spoke with A&E and was told the repairmans tale of lies. This repairman had once before serviced the machine, didn't do his job properly and it was specifically requested he NOT be sent again, yet he was. I was told that my neighbors service contract was being cancelled and a refund issued.
No one I have contacted could, or would, give me the repairmans name so that I could follow up with filing charges. I would not recommend using Sears or A&E for your equipment needs if this is how their employees act.review #445319
You may also like
- "My cooktop was installed in October 2013. The plastic covers on the top of the cooktop melted when I spilled a hot liquid. I ordered 5 more and they..."
- "Service Magic is a company that recommends contractors for home repairs. They claim to vet their vendors but anybody can get listed for a fee. They don't vet..."
- "Technician was rude, with an attitude before he started the job,he indicated he was not going to stay late to complete the job and then just said the unit..."
- "I called to cancel my service May 28 2014. I was told I had to send a letter. I submitted said letter but they continue to remove the funds from..."
- "Purchased a new 13 Blue Ridge 5th Wheel from our local dealer. From the FIRST trip out...living room slide will come out while traveling. We have stopped as..."
- "They don't want to cancel my contract even though the service sucks they are in cahoots with scam trio alarm who prey on older seniors and scare them about their..."
- "I bought a 2000 beuik Le saber had it about two months and not only could it not pass inspection but it also Had motor problems... Car lot dealer wants..."
- "I sent a jumbo box via sea cargo from Riyadh to the Philippines since Feb 19 , 2015 . I've been tracking thru LBC tracking service online and states..."
- "Hello , This is regarding order number 66719505623830 which is for Replacement lcd display For Sony Xperia V from aliexpress , i have received the product but it's not working..."