My experience with A & E Factory Service has been HORRENDOUS. Our Bosch dryer has been broken for over 3 weeks.

We have had 5 service visits scheduled. The first one we had to change due to illness. The second one: we received a phone call saying that the tech had to go to the emergency room and wouldn't be able to finish his service calls that day. Inconvenient, as we had taken a full day off of work by the time the call came in, but accidents happen.

Rescheduled. The third one: we received a phone call saying that the tech had called in sick. We were told he had been out every day for a week, but apparently no one thought to reschedule his appointments and tell his clients until AFTER he was scheduled to be at their homes. Another lost day; pretty darn annoyed now.

Fourth service appointment: A & E called the evening before the morning appointment to cancel. Again, had already had to take a day off to accommodate the appointment. We went totally bulldog on the phone and over the course of 2 hours on the phone managed to retain our appointment. Guy comes out (3 hours later than the 12 noon latest time we were told he'd be here), completely dismantles the dryer, identifies 3 parts that need to be ordered, orders them, leaves the dryer completely taken apart.

Schedules return visit for 8 days later. 2 parts come in. A & E leaves a message 2 days before the visit trying to cancel. Another 45 minutes on the phone to retain the scheduled visit.

1 day before the visit A & E leaves 2 messages trying to cancel. The last part arrives, and we call to confirm that everything has arrived. The night before the visit the repair is confirmed. Another day off from work, but at least the dryer will finally be fixed.

The morning of the 8-12 repair window, we call at 11 a.m. to see how much longer before the service tech will arrive. We are told that the service visit has been cancelled -- that the status was never changed by the rep we had talked to the night before and we are not on anyone's route. I have been on the phone for nearly 4 solid hours this morning with A & E and with Lowe's trying to resolve this.

I am over-the-top livid! I have talked with people who have no ability nor authority to do anything but say "I'm sorry. Our next available service date is..." I have talked with people who have blatantly lied to me about how to contact them and whether or not I can speak to a manager. I have talked to a person who gave me an extension that put me in to the A & E Human Resources voicemail box.

I have been told by a manager, "Yes, we DO overbook service calls." I have been told that I will receive a call from a Technical Manager. When I called back 20 minutes ago to ask about that phone call, I was told that I have been put back on the roster for today. The dryer was "fixed" a few months back -- then shorted out because the original tech didn't detect the correct problem and it shorted out all these other parts. RIDICULOUS!!!

INEPT!!!

TOTAL SCAM BUSINESS!!! I am joining the scores of other disgruntled, dissatisfied customers who are expressing their frustrations about A & E in every public forum they can find.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ae Factory Service Repair.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 14, 2011.

Comments