My brand new Maytag washer wasn't working properly. Since it was only 4 months old I scheduled service through Maytag's website on 5/31.

A&E Factory Service Repair was scheduled to come out 3 days later on 6/3 from noon - 5pm. At 4:40pm they called to cancel and reschedule for 6 days later. They arrived on 6/9 as scheduled, looked at the washer, said it was under warranty and ordered the part to be delivered to my home. They told me I could rent a washer at Rent-A-Center for $30 a week when I complained of the long wait for repair.

I do not feel I should have to bear this expense for a 4 month old washer. The parts arrived the next day on 6/10. They scheduled the repair for 7 days later on 6/16 between 8am-noon. On 6/16(now 16 days later from the original request)I waited all morning, confirming once that I was still on the schedule.

I recalled at 12:30pm since I had not heard from the technician and was told I was not on the schedule and they were awaiting confirmation of parts delivery. During this time I received two phone calls from a computer confirming this appointment and to call if I needed to change it. There was no instruction to call when the parts arrived. My appointment is now rescheduled for 6 days later on 6/22.

22 days and still waiting...

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jun 16, 2011.

Comments

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #300460

What the rep did not tell you is wp stands for whirpool who owns the maytag brand and Sears owns A+E factory service. If they dont take vare of you quickly take this complaint to your local attorney general and file a compalint against whilpool and Sears and demand a new washer.

WP2008

Hi my name is Kyle and I am a representative of Maytag. I am sorry to learn of the issue you are having with your appliance.

If there is anything that I can do please reach out to me via Facebook (Maytag) or Twitter (MaytagCare). Or contact us directly via e-mail NAR_Customer_Solutions@Whirlpool.com.