I had a Maytag dishwasher recall. Maytag scheduled A&E to service it.

I also had another part(hinge)needing replaced. Upon the advice of Maytag, I called A&E directly to let them know this in advance. A&E said they would not fix the hinge at the same time and I'd be required to make a separate service call for the hinge. I asked why they'd be so senseless to have me schedule two service calls, and have my dishwasher uninstalled twice.

They simply said they would not fix it while the washer was pulled out from cabinetry to repair a recalled part. I even commented in the beginning that I knew I'd pay separate for it. I got no professional response, just a snotty, "No you can't do that." Objective: To charge a service call fee to Maytag, and another to me personally. They would not lump my other broken part/service call in with a recall visit, even though I verbalize that I knew I'd pay separately for it.

I have never heard anything so ignorant and blatantly unethical. I cancelled them and used another Maytag-authorized company.

Not only did they lose Maytag's fee from me, they lost my own money, my business, and many others now. Great company strategy!

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 04, 2011.

Comments