Rochester, MA, USA

bought a after-market service warranty from Lowes for a Samsung Refrigerator. First I call and am on hold forever.

Obviously, this is an outsourced call center. While I certainly understand the thought and reasoning to have offshore call centers, it definitely doesn't help the "cause" of customer service for U.S. based customers. Moreover, the hold times for even confirming an appointment are anywhere from 5-20 minutes.

Basically, I have been without a fridge for 3 weeks now because they are waiting for parts (all must arrive.) Even though one of the parts can fix the fridge portion of the 3 year old appliance (shame on Samsung) they simply refuse to install or fix anything without all the parts. Tech was grumpy as well, as I'm sure they are overworked. I escalated to a supervisor that basically said can't change a thing. Feel free to complain to the world.

So, beware of extended warranty nightmares. Customer service in the industry that used to be famous for their products (appliances) is dead.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Attitude of staff and tech.

Comments