Whirlpool front load washer 1 month old - had error message on washer indicating a faulty door switch. Called Whirlpool who scheduled a visit through A&E Factory Service. Technician came out next day, confirmed it was a faultly door swith; but, did not have the part with him.

Meanwhile he would not wait for door to unlock - and broke the latch on the door. Then proceeded to stick his screwdriver into the washer - while plugged in - and blew all of the electronics - sparks flew all over the room!

He left after ordering 5 new parts to be delivered to me. Three parts arrived in two days - the other two parts are on back order for one month. If I had not been tracking the progress, I would have never received the back order - it was "mysteriously" deleted.

Meanwhile, the new washer is in a new motorhome - and I am stuck here in a strange town, had just started our summer travels, instead of traveling - plus having to go to a laundramat, all because an incompetent technician. A&E Factory Service will do nothing to compensate for my extra expenses - since "the parts are under warranty" - irregardless that they are the ones that ruined my new washer.

Don't ever let A&E near any of your appliances. Whirlpool DOES have other service providers IF you ask specifically not to have A&E.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 26, 2010.

Comments