On April 30, 2010 I purchased a warranty for the repair service on my 1year old KitchenAide microwave after the technician painted the inside white to keep it from arcing. Naturally, the microwave arced again, requiring A&E to replace the microwave.

The microwave arrived on June 3rd, but was too small for the existing trim kit so the delivery/installer returned it to Sears. A&E told me I had to take all of my current microwave books into Sears and personally order a replacement.

Since it was now June, school out and summer travel plans made, I did not go into Sears until August 1st. Sears was great, however the Customer Service Agent, Maria #75776, informed the employee that she wouldnt release the authorization code because I waited too long, that it was my fault the delivered microwave was too small, and that she couldnt find in her notes that the too-small unit was returned. She said too bad for me.

I then spoke to Maria, where she asked me what appliance were we talking about, AGAIN. Then she wanted to know why I waited too long (not her business) and proceeded to tell me that although there is nothing in writing that says I needed to have gotten the unit within 30 days of returning the too small unit, it was company policy, and pretty much "too bad". For 45 minutes she continued to ask what appliance we were talking about, where was the too-small unit, why did I wait more than 30 days, why is the broken microwave still in my home.

It was so bad, the Sears manager actually emailed a complaint.

Hopefully, Maria, Employee #75776 in Round Rock is currently unemployed and A&E will revisit their customer service games. I ABSOLUTELY WILL NEVER use again, or recommend A&E Factory Service to anyone!

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 01, 2010.

Comments