Sears uses A&E Factory Service for their appliance repairs. Our front load Kenmore washer (built by LG) broke down with a common LE code.

NO SHOW, NO CALL on Appointment day.

Took a week to get the first appointment scheduled. Parts are shipped to residence based on expected need. The part arrived in a relatively quick 2 to 3 days. Rearranged my day, took the day off, and he was a NO SHOW. No accommodation by the scheduling folks for an expedited reschedule, took another week to get another tech out. The part provided by Sears proved not to be the problem. Order another part, reschedule another appointment in a week to week and a half to try again.

NO PARTS ON A&E TRUCK

Either that or he wouldn't use them. Just kept ordering another part to try and reschedule another appointment.

NO DIAGNOSTIC PERFORMED BY TECH.

No diagnostics were ever performed by the Tech. They just keep ordering another part to try. We played this game on 3 consecutive appointments.

I caused the last tech to run some diagnostics on the motor wiring, harness, and PCB. Continuity was broke on one of the motor harness wires. The burn hole was quite visible on inspection. A replacement wire was ordered. The tech would not do a temporary repair on the harness. So after he left, I tore it apart and repaired the broken wire so we could do laundry. It worked! 4 days later the wire came in. The tech had ordered the wrong wire harness!!! I tried to buy one locally, but everyone was out of stock. Called Sears and explained/complained. They did honor ordering the part number I requested. Another 4 days, part arrived, I installed. When I've got nothing else to do, I will call for an appointment for the tech to check out my work.

CONCLUSION: DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY WITH AN EXTENDED APPLIANCE WARRANTY FROM SEARS AND DON'T USE A&E FACTORY SERVICE FOR REPAIRS

In the end, $460 in parts, 4 appointments, and more than a month was required to fix a $12 wire harness. I was able to find the diagnostic testing process and video of all part replacements on the web. Would have fixed problem within a week and for only $12 if I had no warranty and did it myself.

Had an Experience with Ae Factory Service?

Comments

SearsCares

Dear Dgidcumb,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. After reading your post, I have to say I am very concerned, and would like to offer my team's help in making this right. We would like to apologize for the frustration, and inconvenience that you have encountered throughout your washer repair. We would like to discuss your experience in more detail with you, and see what we can do to help.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the washer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Dgidcumb) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Brian S.