Several months ago I purchased a warranty, serviced by A&E Factory Service, from Sears for my Kenmore dishwasher. On 9/10/2013 the dishwasher stopped working, the Start/REsume is blinking and washer will not exit dry cycle.

I called Sears to schedule a repair appoinment. I was told the earliest appointment was for 9/18 over a week away. The Phone rep also refused to take my model number so that a&E repair people could possibly order a new control panel, all indications are the control panel is bad. Not only do I have to wait over a week for intial appointment, which is too long, but I will more than likely have to wait at least another week for them to order part and then come out to install.

Sears should not sell these warranties if they can not be honored in a reasonable amount of time. Warranties are only as good as the company that provides the warranty service.

The phone rep informed me the warranty did not specify when service had to be provided, and that I could go elsewhere for service. While I could get someone to come out today, it would be out of pocket, which is counter intuitive since I have already paid for a warranty.

• inhome repair service
Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 11, 2013.

Comments

LTCC
Other Location, New York, United States #716414

David......customer service upfront would save you alot of after the fact damage control....just sayin

AE Service

tbullman,

My name is David with our A&E Solutions team. We are sorry to hear about the troubles you are experiencing with your repair. I understand that it can be frustrating to have to wait for an appointment. We see that we had assisted you in the past and will forward this post over to have a case manager assist. If you would like to provide alternate contact info, please send that information to AEservice@aefactoryservice.com, along with your screen name (tbullman). We look forward to talking to you soon.

David W.