I am horrified at reading all those comments about A&E Factory Service after I had them replace an icemaker motor module on my 2006 Whirlpool side-by-side refigerator/freezer. I only wish I had checked them out before I did. My only excuse is that I got them directly from the whirlpool.com Web site and scheduled them from there as well. How could I suspect that I could not place my trust in Whirlpool??? Here is the relevant information to contact this company: AE Factory Service,597 E ORDNANCE RD. GLEN BURNIE, Maryland. Phone: 1(800) 905-9505. A&E Factory Service is a rip-off firm that overcharges for parts by about 75%, and who knows by how much for labor. I needed only the icemaker motor module, and they charged me $175.61 for the part, when I could have ordered the entire icemaker from the Whirlpool online parts store for less than $100.00 (including shipping). The technician spent about 30 seconds diagnosing my problem, and about 2 minutes installing the replacement part, to the tune of about another $185.00 for labor ... that's a darn good wage for 2-1/2 minutes of work and, of course, the cost of the gas for service call! Then, on top of it all, he made a mistake in charging my credit card for the entire icemaker. When I called AE, they assured me that a credit for the "inadvertent" overcharge of $55.36 would be posted to my credit card account immdiately and that I would also receive a $70.00 credit for the "service call". on which I had insisted before agreeing to the repair. Here it is, 10 days later, and no credit! Well, I know how to fix that ... I'll contest the entire charge when I get my credit card statement and let the credit bcard company fight it out with AE! All I can say, is AVOID THIS COMPANY LIKE THE PLAGUE!!! Their rates are nothing short of usurious and they will rip you off if you let them! hbva. Alexandria, VA 22304

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Aug 12, 2010.

Comments