Update by user Jun 18, 2012

AE Factory Service came out and fix the washer. Both men were very nice and made sure the washer worked and ran well. They stated that back-order parts were getting more and more common. I agree.

After working on this issues for almost three months it became increasingly apparent that Whirlpool was the issue. I finally contacted corporate headquarters to get action on the parts. They did arrive. I bought Whirlpool because I thought parts would be easier-not so. After reading other comments I now realize that Whirlpool should make sure what they sell can be repaired in a reasonable time...No part equates to NO fix....

In fact, I understand some stores are not carrying Whirlpool because of that issue.

Original review posted by user May 18, 2012

I you are assigned A and E Factory Service by Whirlpool..refuse!!! The are terrible.

It has been two months, and I still do not have the parts or the technician. The first visit was spent having a service technician explain why he can't fix the washer (under warranty). He further stated that it will be a two man job since the units are stacked (RV Model). Anyway, stated he had to order a pump and hose.

Rescheduled-no parts. Called numerous time to check on status of parts. A and E never called except to tell me (parts department) the parts were backordered and it will take about another month. However, parts told me they had over 600 sources and it should/could be sooner...well; the time for the parts has come and gone!

No parts, no service and, most notably, no washer.

Apparently, Whirlpool uses A and E most of the time. In that case-their warranty is horrible....Interestingly, after I was completely frustrated I began to serach for the part myself,....found two parts that I could order immediately. And one of the pumps was on the Whirlpool website.

I contacted A & E and was told they had to go through warranty!!!!! Terrible Terrible Terrible.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from May 18, 2012.

Comments