We had a service scheduled to repair our kitchen disposal. The designated company was A&E. We scheduled well in advance, since this was a summer home being prepared for rental. We live 3 hours from this location. On the afternoon before the repair, A&E informed us they could not make the appointment. They could only reschedule well after the tenant is supposed to take possession. And, the ONLY window we were given was 8a-5p. The alternative, we were told, was to call Kitchenaid customer service.

This is when the fun really began...

After being on hold for a good 7-8 minutes, the first customer service person told me that she could not schedule repairs for kitchen disposals. That had to be done by the small appliance department. She transferred me to that department, and a recording told me to choose either 1 or 2 -- one being small appliances like blenders, 2 included microwaves. Neither menu option included disposals...of course I selected '1' -- waited (and I looked at the timer on my phone) another 17 minutes before Kristen picked up to tell me she didn't handle this, and would transfer me. Another 3-4 minutes (total on clock now reaching 25) and Victoria in Tennessee picked up. And, of course, no technician was available to come before mid-week. I told Victoria that I did not want anyone from A&E; she gave me a shop that was really local! Why had not Kitchen Aid suggested a local, neighborhood shop from the outset? Extremely disappointed and annoyed.

Mel

Product or Service Mentioned: Ae Factory Service Repair.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Aug 19, 2011.

Comments