I called to get warranty service on my Frigidaire washer due to a bad leak. I called the service company on Wednesday and got a call back to advise they couldn't get out until Monday, which was disappointing since I live quite a distance away from a laundromat.

I got a message on my answering machine later that said they couldn't come out til the following Wednesday. When I called A&E and told them that was unacceptable because I had been told Monday originally, the representative said that was the best they could do, would I just like to cancel the service call? I could see there was no possibility of getting an earlier date, so I said ok on Wednesday. The service technician came on Wednesday, and after a few minutes told me the pump was bad and he didn't have the part on the truck, so it would have to be ordered.

It would be next Wednesday before they could come out to repair it, even it we paid to get the part overnighted. I was so frustrated, I started looking for reviews of this company online. I found that A&E is not BBB accredited and also found this site. When I read quite a few comments regarding the "part not on truck" and repair appointment "next Wednesday" I saw a real pattern.

I then wondered if I would indeed get my washer repaired next Wednesday.

So my husband found a local appliance company that would come tomorrow and repair my washer. I will never, never use this service again and the next appliance I buy, I will make sure any extended warranty is not provided by A&E.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Sep 14, 2011.

Comments