Our refrigerator stopped working on Christmas Eve- the freezer worked but the refrigerator wouldn't get cold. We called Samsung (another rip off) who set us up with A&E.

We explained the problem and tech came out on the 28th. He told us he couldn't do anything bc the fridge needed to be turned off and defrosted before he could work on it. He set us up for another service call january 3 saying by then it should be completely defrosted. The next tech came out and said HE couldn't do anything bc we hadn't plugged the fridge back in to see if it had started working (even though the first tech never told us we had to plug it back in) so we had to schedule a 3rd service call in 3 more days.

When I called customer service to complain and ask that they waive my service call fee they said they couldn't do that until after it had been repaired and I could call back and ask for a refund then. Also when I made my first call to customer service to complain and report what had happened I was disconnected 3 times and on hold for over one hour total

Comments

OMG, having the exact same problem with our Samsung French door, freezer works fine, frige will not get colder than like 50. We have tried everything, even defrosting it and blow drying the wires behind the freezer bins (we were without power for 5 days,so understandable it could have gotten frosty), but we had same problem a week prior, and a simple unplug and replug corrected it then, but not now.

Just refuses to get cold no matter what tech support tells us. They finally scheduled us with this factory repair service that you had, but guess what? There are none within hundreds of miles from us, we are rural Maine.

Would be interested to know what state you are in and how it is all turning out. Think I want to go over heads and demand they fix this brand new unit NOW, have lost 2 loads of food already and we are dirt poor.

Have you talked with anyone in management or what are you doing? Would like to stay in contact with you, sounds like we have the exact same problem and Samsung is not living up to its customer service promises and warranties. You can PM me at bob04951@hotmail.com.

Promise you we are not scamming you, just want to go after these people in numbers and make them live up to their promises after giving them a boatload of money to buy their products. Please contact me, my name is Jill and we live in mid rural Maine, so service of any kind is scarce here, but this is getting ridiculous.

AE Service
Hoffman Estates, Illinois, United States #769826

Anonymous,

We appreciate you posting about this matter. We are indeed sorry for the trouble you are experiencing with your refrigerator. It’s clear that we have failed to meet your expectations with your repair. We would like to speak with you about the situation that took place to assist the issue to the best of our abilities. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Anonymous 468446), phone # used at time of purchase to AEservice@aefactoryservice.com and we will be in touch to address further. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Liz R.