We installed an over-the-range G.E. Microwave. It worked for about five days before its control panel shorted out. The display conveniently proclaims "control panel shorted"

Horrible automated phone system to schedule appointments, but eventually (after a long hold) got a real person. This person told us to cycle power and said they'd wait on the line while I did this. It's a bit of an order to get to our circuit breaker panel and find the correct circuit, but I did it. The error display returned. The customer service person was gone.

I called back and (after waiting on hold again) talked to another person who was able to schedule an appointment on Saturday -- 1-1/2 weeks away. We cleared our Saturday 8-12 to wait for repairman. Got a call at about 9 am. Over the phone, the tech diagnosed the obvious problem (control panel short ...go figure!) and said he'd have to order a part. Scheduled installation for the following Saturday between 1-5. To this point, we were not unhappy with the people, though we were unhappy with the system: If the diagnosis can be done over the phone, why do they force the customer to clear a four-hour window in his schedule and be at the property? Not okay.

The part arrived via UPS. On Saturday, just before 1, I called A&E to verify that the technician was coming. I was told that he was - and he'd be calling me at 1. I waited on the porch with the phone at my side. At 3pm, I called again. This time, I was told that the technician would have to reschedule. I said "this is not acceptable. you need to get the technician here today. this is the 2nd appointment. I've gone out of my way to be ready both times..." After pleading my case for about 15 seconds, the customer support person simply hung up.

I called back. Got a different person. He listened to the basic story of what had happened so far and said I should speak to his supervisor and that he would connect me. Put the phone on "speaker" and listened to their horrible, distorted, lounge music for 30 minutes before being disconnected.

Being a glutton for punishment, I called again. This time I got a person who maintained that his computer was telling him that the technician was delayed and would be there between 5 and 5:30. This was hard to believe but also impossible to argue with.

Then, at 5:30, we got a robo-call saying we will need to call another number to reschedule. And, once again, the computer will offer us appointments that we cannot possibly make and we will have to wait on hold for God knows how long to make another appointment that A&E will probably also blow off. How do we get out of this ***!?

Monetary Loss: $300.

Do You Have Something To Say ?

Write a review


Terms of Service
Post Comment

You May Also Like