I see that I am not the only person that has issues with AE Factory Service! The company should have in their business profile the words "thief or Untrained & unKnowledgeable".
Here is the letter I wrote them with the request that my visit-fee be refunded:
AE - Fortunately, I am mechanically inclined. I just didn’t have the time to trouble-shoot this problem, and not the $$ to buy another washer. Turned out, I had to do it anyway. In the attached images - the motor and the spindle-that engages the wash action. The plastic spindle that screws onto the metal spindle - the plastic part is totally stripped! There is no thread to engage the motor. I didn’t realize the problem until I received the replacement assembly -not just the motor. I had '2' visits from your company - neither tech determined this problem. I went out and bought the proper 'meter' after the 2nd tech came. NEITHER was able to check the system for functionality. It turns out, as I suspected from the beginning, the motor in my DW was fine - "NOTHING wrong with it" - Also the run-cap [the 2nd tech did not have the proper meter] was not bad, even though the 2nd tech determined that it was ok - He did not know to check other issues either. It seems neither of your tech's understood how this DW fully worked!? The 1st tech was just going change the good-motor and charge me the cost of an entire new DW.. 450++$ You should use this experience and forward this to the 2 tech's that came. They could use the knowledge to check a DW function in the future. It turned out I only needed a 15$ part! [the stripped out spindle] I wasted the money on a new motor and start-cap. I will not let the $$ you changed me go to waste. This entire experience was a waste of time and money! I expect you to refund the 75$ you charged me. I will keep the old parts for reference, if you want to send the tech's back to verify the problem, or if I need it to file a CC charge-back. Advise, regards.
My answer was less that understanding, almost insulting to my intelligence.. I plan to take this company to court if need be.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Ae Repairs
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "Technician was rude, with an attitude before he started the job,he indicated he was not going to stay late to complete the job and then just said the unit..."
- "Update Jan 12, 2016: Sean the salesman has yet to this day ever call me back (POS). On Jan 11th, I spoke with JT (customer service) and told her not..."
- "We have a horrible icicle problem in the winter, according to Leaf Guard it's due to "heat loss". Our patio roof was added on after the house was built, there's..."
- "We recently bought a floor model Liberty Sectional from Furniture Row after watching it for several months. It finally went on sale and we went to the store only to..."
- "Recently my Kenmore water heater that was purchased in February of 2013 stopped working. After some simple triage steps I was able to determine that the honeywell gas valve..."
- "DO NOT LEASE AT THE REGENCY STUDENT HOUSING. If you are a parent and you want your children to be happy look at all of the reviews. Don't look at the..."
- "Had purchaised a MKon 2.10.15 which the very next day wasnt working ! I went to ETHOS for replacement bcz i cant accept it which has stopped working the very next..."
- "Had an issue with a defective Leather steering wheel that started to separating. Dealership offered to Glue it back. I specifically requested that they replace a steering wheel because its..."
- "Unpacked my purchases. Put the packet on my dresser along with other items in the bag. Later came back to put purchases away. The packet was stuck to my dresser...."