My stackable Whirlpool washer (Duet) (cost about $800) started making a horrible screeching sound.Called Whirlpool AND Lowes where I purchased it.

All said it can't be replaced, only repaired. A&E is one of Whirlpools factory repair services.

The service man came out and said it needs $1,4434.73 in parts (5 parts!!!!) plus a couple of hours of service. Also said that I (I'm 68 years old, female) need to remove the dryer from on top as well as a cabinet beside the washer.

In addition, would need at allow about a month to get parts. I'd be without a washer all this time!

Not only that, he stood there and asked me to rate HIS SERVICE right there in front of him. Frankly I was very unhappy. I'm quite suspicious of a less than one year old washer needing 5 new parts!

I'm mad at Lowe's, Whirlpool, and A&E repair service.

Had an Experience with Ae Factory Service?

Comments

Stevens Point, Wisconsin, United States #663540

Whirlpool is having seal issues causing the main bearing to get wet and dry out and yes the parts are that expensive so don't bash the servicer for a MFG defect. If you call wirlpool they will most likly cover the part cost. All you would need to pay would be the labor.