My 4 year old (6 year warranty) Whirlpool water heater's pilot light would not stay lighted.Call whirlpool said only parts covered and gave me a number to call for warranty service that turned out to be A&E Factory Service.

This began my nightmare. While talking to customer service July 3rd for repair I asked if the were local she kept saying they were but when asked she said she was in California, I'm in Georgia. My concern was they would send someone from Atlanta which is about 70 miles from where I live. This would cause a large service charge.

I told her I wanted a estimate for charges and she said service person would call and give me a free estimate. I asked did they carry parts for Whirlpool water heaters she said yes..He didn't call and said I needed a thermo couple and it would have to be ordered. He said they never carry an repair parts for any thing and they order everything. He said the part would be shipped to me and he would be back July 10th to install it.

He said this trip would be $79.95 whether I had them fix it or not and another charge would be due when he returned July 10th. He said make the check out to SEARS then said no A&E Factory Service. He said Sears owns A&E and some service calls are Sears call and some are A&E. Now the problems begin On July 5th, 8th, and twice on 9th I get automated call from A&E saying I need to call 1-800-905-9505 to schedule my service call on July 10th.

I call each time and had to hold for Representative 8 to 17 minutes each time. Twice on July 8th and once on July 9th I asked to speak to a Supervisor, I held 12,20, and 25 minutes respectfully before hanging up.

I have never been able to talk to a Supervisor.I hope you read this and NEVER, NEVER EVER consider using A&E Factory Service for ANYTHING!!!!!!

Had an Experience with Ae Factory Service?

Comments

AE Service
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States #682352

Dear cdrusn05,

We are indeed sorry for the trouble you are experiencing with your water heater and for the trouble with our service. It’s clear that we have failed to meet your expectations with service. We would like to speak with you about the situation that took place to assist the issue to the best of our abilities. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (cdrusn05), phone # used at time of purchase to AEservice@aefactoryservice.com and we will be in touch to address further. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Misty H.